View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004   #23
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Last week I got frustrated with us being too predictable early in the game too but the bottom line is we are the 7th best scoring offense (7th in yardage also) in the NFL and we are getting better as we mature and can see it each week. All I'd like to see is more intermediate route passing early in the game instead of just taking what the defense gives us. I think if we dictate more to a defense (earlier) we can catch them guessing more and exploit them with some big plays. We can move the ball. We have all seen that. We just need to start playing with the lead and start dictating to other teams instead of the other way around. I just wish we would try to create some confusion and exploit an opposing defense earlier in a game. We are still a team on the rise and clearly not an elite team, so if you look at our record and our stats it is hard for me to complain too much about the offense as a fan. Our big problems are on defense, not offense.
Quote:
2004 Regular Season
NFL AFC NFC
Scoring Offense

Team G Pts/G TDs
Indianapolis 5 31.8 21
San Diego 5 28.0 17
Minnesota 4 28.0 14
Philadelphia 4 26.8 11
New England 4 26.2 12
New York (A) 4 24.5 11
Houston 5 23.6 13