View Single Post
Old 05-17-2004   #9
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

well i think the more important thing to remember is that this offseason we added bulk to the line and speed everywhere else...let's face it clemons wasn't the fastest LB out there...babin comes in running a 4.6 40...pretty fast for a 260lb LB...robinson running average 4.4 40 pretty up there for your regular starting corner but during his personal workouts we saw him at 4.34 or something like that...coleman is a huge upgrade over stevens...and still an upgrade over mccree who we have as a back up safety...that's huge...who knows he might even be challenging brown for the starting SS position...ramon walker, glenn earl, and curry burns all have great potential still...walker is a menice on special teams...burns is a servicable back-up and earl is a possible starter at SS in a few years...expect more competition in our LBing corps...the only one i see with a sure starting job is sharper...our d-line is improved by smith...but more so from the depth that he allows us to have...deloach, sears, martin, and renteria(a guy i think will make the squad) are all solid back-ups...good rotation guys...overall our offseason has been an interesting one...can't wait to see how it translates onto the field