View Single Post
Old 10-14-2004   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanico
And don't forget the real bad reverse the Oilers got at Buffalo in that play-off game that has been the best comeback (for the Bills, of course) in the NFL history.

Houstonian teams, have had the talent to become noisy...but the light of the fireworks has never been shown...if you know what I mean.

I was a former Oilers fan..and I know what I am talking about.
I shall never forget 35-3. That event is etched into my memory forever. (even a lobotomy could not erase that one!)

It's one of those "do you know where you were when" questions for Houston sports fans.

I truly believe the karma of columbia blue prevented the Titans from reaching that final yard in the Superbowl. Bud tempted the football gods by trying to sneak something Oiler related into his new franchise, and it came back and bit him on the behind.

And for this cosmic reason, I resisted my temptation to use the number "34" on my custom Texans jersey. Earl is still one of my all-time great heros, but with all due respect, he was still an Oiler. The Texans do not need any connections to the franchise that used to live here, so no use tempting fate!