View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004   #14
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112890 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
The Texans did that last year both through free agency Robaire Smith & Todd Wade both whom were considered above average coming into the prime of their careers.
the texans did address that last year...they've addressed our o-line every year of our existance...BUT...if you've had an oppurtunity to watch the games...or watch them numerous times on tape as have i...you know its still a weakness. something has to be changed. you mention poor fundementals and or poor coaching...wich has some validity ,but its still no excuse for the CONSISTENTLY poor performance of our d-line. they cannot hold the line of scrimmage. ive watched it over and over again. my suggestion was the addition of either a new nose tackle (depending on paynes ability to completly regain his pre-injury performance) or a 4th quality d-lineman to rotate with our current players.

your suggestion? a new coach (wich i wont arrgue with)

and

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover

Oh yeah he needs to be just as strong but without the bulk, there is at least one coming out in the draft and his name is David Pollack.

adding a 270-280 d-lineman to play in a 3-4 deffesnse? ummmmm....im not buying that.

as for our offensive line woes...the left side is young and they will get better. i have little doubt in that. mckinney is my issue. hes a good locker personality, a solid community person, and a likeable guy on radio. he's also a liability. the only reason he hasnt been more exposed is because typically when the defense only rushes 4 defenders he's the odd man out who doubles up on whoever needs the help. when hes one on one------hes domminated.

and as i said in my previous post i think we have a serious need for a "big" nickleback.