View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004   #45
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
The NFL has had many speed demons who couldn't get the job done at wide-out. If one receiver is already playing well, that means way more to me than what some other guy runs in a 40 or 50 yd. dash.
This is true! Game speed is something different and route running makes all the difference in the world. Armstrong runs great routes. Everyone likes the TD catch in back of the endzone or the leaping catch for the big yardage but my favorite, which to me is the reason Armstrong should get the start, is a 3rd down catch on our end of the field with a pretty good coverage toward the sideline and in the flats. Armstrong goes up and snatches the ball over the defender. It was almost Andre Johnson like without all the yards.

Let him play, it can't hurt!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote