View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
well id expect BDPA (best defensive player available).. unless an offensive juggernaut just falls into our lap.

will we REALLY be getting rid of Coleman though? 9 years in the NFL so yah i suppose he is getting up there in years.. but he had a huge season last season.. and its possible he COULD be having a huge season this season if he wasnt learning a new position.

I dunno.. how big a cap hit would he be? would we be better off keeping him since Aaron Glenn cant be staying with us that much longer?

If we DO intend to let him go.. I kinda wish we would have put him on the market and traded him before the deadline.. he has been an AWESOME CB for us.. and I KNOW there are teams out there who would have given a 2nd rounder for him, maybe a 1st. We have Marlon Mcree (very underrated FS) backing him up. I guess we just cant afford to since we dont have anyone on the depth chart after Mcree.. and with Dunta Robinson starting at CB, we need the presence of Coleman. Honestly though.. I wish we would have just picked up a FS off free agency and traded Coleman... we can use the draft pick more than we need to be competeing for the playoffs at this point. But i imagine alot of fans would be in an uproar if we made a move like that, which would allude to us not taking the season seriously.

this is all conjecture though.. cause im not 100% positive that we intend to let him go.. I guess we will have a better idea depending on how he plays the rest of the season.
I think the question with Coleman is will he resign with us? Resigning him as a safety may not be what he wants because CBs usually make more than safeties. Also, I am not sure if we wouldn't let Coleman go either because right behind him is Marlon Mcree who has been in this defense for two years and has played at a good level. Personally, I think Glenn is the one slipping these days. He has given up TDs in every game this year (Two against Minn alone). I like the guy but he could be loosing a step or two but the season is still young.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote