Thread: Negativity
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004   #15
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

way too much is being made out of the statement by Capers', "hang around til the 4th quarter".

It's just coachspeak. Capers' isn't a brash, arrogant coach who will denegrate another team before or after they play them. So, when he's asked a question about the team they're going to play, he's going to say something respectful.

I was at the Raider game. Let me tell you, when the Texans had the game in hand and a first down in the fourth quarter at their own 1 yard line, they did not play safe or conservative. Instead, I believe Carr completed 4 passes to his WR on the way to an game-icing field goal. As this team develops and learns to win, it will develop a killer instinct and an attitude to go with it. I sure remember the Panthers in 1996, and that team certainly had an attitude of a championship team.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote