View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44115 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda
at this point in the season it seems evident to me we cannot hold the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball.

mckinney needs to step it up because to me hes been a liability.

and either payne needs to get over his injury or maybe we need a new nose tackle...even if you disagree with my assesment of payne, we can no doubt use a quality 4th defensive lineman to rotate.

and i also think we have a huge need for a big nickle back. glenn, robinson, and faggins are all 5'10 or shorter and they're being exploited...specifically faggins. we need a solid 6'2 nickleback i think.

if bradford leaves, adding another deep threat would be nice but i dont feel its crucial ,and needless to say if coleman goes we'll need another free safety.

so far our biggest trouble has been run defense ,and inconsistent play by the offensive line...one of those issues will be adressed in free agency and the other in the draft.
The Texans did that last year both through free agency Robaire Smith & Todd Wade both whom were considered above average coming into the prime of their careers. The poor run defense is due to fundamentals, I question the lines coaching not the personel there needs to be sound pad to pad contact on the runner.
What the line lacks is speed, its difficult to coach speed & thats why we need to add a slightly less hefty DT to the mix with both run stopping & QB sacking skills. Oh yeah he needs to be just as strong but without the bulk, there is at least one coming out in the draft and his name is David Pollack.

IF you get the chance watch Gerogia play, they also have an awesome ILB prospect Odell Thurman, if he is still available when the Texans make their 2nd pick I'd could certainly agree. He would not be a project like most ILB coming out of College very Ray'esk, could start next year he's that complete.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote