View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rittenhouserobz
Didn't Coleman just tie the record for lonest return in the NFL? Give him a few more games and I think you will be saying "We gotta resign this guy"
I dont want to run the guy out of town , not even close , my point is he is in a contract year and unless he takes a pay cut i dont see him staying with the Texans . I do like the options / flexability that Coleman gives . He very well could be that 6'2" nickle back Powda was talking about , with Mcree at safety in obvious passing situations . And you are absolutely correct in the statement that the smaller corners are being exploited but that is a league wide trend at this point .
Wonder if the coaches ever thought of putting Dunta at FS and move Coleman back to corner ? HE did play Safety his first two years in college , and has very good tackling skills not to mention serious closing speed . I suppose being the "Quarterback of the defense" is a bit much to ask of a rookie ? Being 5'10" 180 wouldnt be a stretch at the position , Blaine Bishop of the Titans a few years back was one of the best in the NFL during the prime of his carreer . If putting your best players on the field is a priority that would be an idea to ponder .
A player like Coleman gives the coaches a lot of flexability , its up to them to put it all to work . My only question come contract time is not "do we re-sign him" but is he worth the large contract he will command ? Can they afford him under the cap ?
Back to the draft .... D-line should be priority ONE . The games are won and lost in the trenches . Payne hasnt played up to the standard we have become accustomed to(he does have somewhat of an excuse, for this season at least) and Gary Walker was WAY OVERPAID , i doubt he has two good years left in him (always hurt). Plain and simple they have to get better against the run without commiting a safety to get better on D, no if's and's or but's.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote