View Single Post
Old 05-17-2004   #3
LB Love
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to LB Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominatorDavis
I am a little skeptical of how our defense will perform in 04'. I think that the defensive staff is echoing that concern as well.
Where did you hear that from? I would tend to think that the staff is actually pretty positive and excited about having a mostly defensive draft for a change to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominatorDavis
The signing of Robier Smith from the Titans (who?)
Robaire Smith, although playing alongside three former first round picks, was a definite force on the NFL's second ranked rush defense last year (right?), and projects as an ideal DE in the 34. Capers even said they had to scheme for him when they played the Titans. Both Smith and Todd Wade were considered top-10 UFA's, so although you may have not heard of them, someone obviously has.

I think Glenn Earl is on a similar plan as Tony Hollings was on last year. That is that they want to ease him back in to football and hope to have him up to full strength by the end of the season/offseason at the latest.

I think the Texans defense, barring any significant injuries, absolutely has a chance to return to its 2002 form. The major additions we've made since 2002 (e.g. Smith, Robinson, Babin, McCree, etc) are definitely greater than the subtractions (Posey, Stevens, Martin, etc). Just my two cents.

Last edited by LB Love; 05-17-2004 at 01:10 PM.
LB Love is offline   Reply With Quote