Thread: Babin
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004   #18
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

Quote:
The point of stretching the field is not to get someone from teh other side to make the tackle, it is to allow more men to come up to the line to make the play
so when its hat on hat, w/the DE, LBs, and CB stretching the play your telling me that the untouched backside LB isn't going to run down the RB when he is only moving parallel to the LOS? i didn't say he is suppoed to make the play, but at least one of the first of defenders there.

Quote:
and just because daunte didnt run it doesnt mean Babin isnt at fault, he had all day out on the flat to make a pass, and yes it was a huge back breaker in the game. and for those of you who say his play has been better and better you tell me how 18 tackles and 2 sacks in playing basically 5 games, except 4th quarter against KC, is better than 7 tackles and a sack, and forcing two other sacks in basically 1 quarter against KC, and a few other random downs that Peek has? exactly the math doesnt add up for Babin, say what you want but numbers dont lie.
so it was a big enough back breaker that we didn't stay poised enough to take the most productive offense in the league to OT and then give a chance to our offense to win the game after losing the toss? if you want to go by numbers fine, i thought the patriots recent winning streak/2 out of 3 SB victories would have shown the holes in the "numbers game" by now. and just because i saw it, peek's play on the winning TD pass showed me why he's a situational pass rusher. not only did he jump offsides but he got mugged even having the jump. so had the TD not been caught peek's "higher ability" would have given daunte another chance at finding the endzone or getting a 1st down in field goal territory.

Quote:
and forcing two other sacks in basically 1 quarter against KC, and a few other random downs that Peek has
so strictly stats apply to babin but intangibles like "other random downs" and "forcing two other sacks" are valid points for peek? babin gives the texans a better chance to win as a starter period. the texans would be at more of a loss without babin than peek period.