View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Rah, Rah, Rah! Well said. Everyone in the world is the perfect person for the specific job they have right at the moment. Nobody deserves better or worse than exactly what they have. Or is it just in our perfect country? I appreciate what you do, but give me a break. This is a message board for a sports team. You should expect to see criticism all over the place. The public has a right to voice their opinions.

This is the best NFL franchise we've had in Houston. It is not the best NFL team we've had. The Oilers won playoff games in some years and this team has yet to have a winning season. That's understandable, but not where we want them to stay. Considering how close they came to beating 3 good teams in a row, I'd say that firing members of the coaching staff is too jerk kneed right now, but I do agree with some of the criticism. There are also certain players that aren't getting it done. There almost always will be. Sometimes the better player (at the time, anyway) will be sitting on the bench while a slumper or a has been is taking their place and stinking it up. The players and coaches don't have to read any of this and I really doubt that they do. I wouldn't. That, however, does not mean that all the criticism is wrong and some of it is almost inevitably right. With coaches in sports, in particular, I am not one of those who just buys into the idea that they are so much more correct in their decision making than the average person would be, just because they're the ones who are getting paid to do it at the moment. How superior to the public was Ryan when he insisted on running a prevent defense and blowing a 34 to 3 lead? I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but the boss is not always right. If you, at the present time, are better off always believing that the boss is always right, so be it. But, you're wrong.

Last edited by HJam72; 10-11-2004 at 03:23 PM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote