View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004   #4
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

I also think that Bradford and maybe Marcus Coleman will not be resigned this summer. Payne will have to earn his contract.

Armstrong has been the biggest surprise of the year. With every game he gets better and getting out from under Bradford's big contract looks better and makes more sense.

Coleman will have a big decision to make this summer, i dont know if he thinks he can still play corner or not in the NFL. If he plays corner somewhere he will almost definately make more than we will pay him to play saftey.

---
I also agree that we as of yet have the personel to generate a pass rush in the 3-4. Call me naive but most teams i have seen successfully run the 3-4 have a massive 2 gap nose tackle in the middle stuffing the run like Ted Washington. I feel like Payne is better suited to playing end in our scheme. Vince Wilfork would have been a great pick up, or longer term project Issac Sopoaga from last years draft.

I dont think we should scrap the 3-4 for the 4-3 because we have already found most of the pieces and changing it up again will just set us back further, we would have WAY too many linebackers, and trading a player when you have to is alot harder to get good value. I think we are better off trying to fix the defensinve line in the offseason. i would prefer both free agency and the draft.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote