View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216794 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by midknight
i mean, the entire d-line was keying on DD, why not throw it to the FB in the flats?

How about a lil Play Action and throw it DOWNFIELD ! (See the connection between Culpepper and Moss on 3rd and 1 ..... ((All this with the threat of a 4th strind RB making the safety bite and a very good corner getting burned )).....SIX )

The problem is the gameplan , and the mindset of the coaches , they are content to just keep the game close and have a chance to win late . That was all good last year and in year One BUT not this season . With the offensive weapons the Texans have they should be trying to score at every opportunity (especially since the D cant seem to stop anyone on 3rd down (with the exception of Minnesota in the second half ) . You build a gameplan around your players , not your players around the gameplan .

In respect to DD's overall performance this season , i think a lot of his troubles can be attributed to injury and lack of Practice / Training Camp time . Last season after missing a large portion of time early he didnt crack the line-up until week 6 , essentially giving him a second training camp to prepare hinself for the remainder of the season . That being said , i do think he is a Good RB although not one which can be ridden all season , for the Texans to be successful it will take contributions form others in the running game , IE J. Wells , Tony Hollings both should see significant playing time (Wells has earned it) . I do expect to see DD's numbers get better as the season wears on .... they arent very good right now , 70 carry's , 208 yards , 3.0 ypc , 3 TD and 2 FUMBLES are far short of what he is capable of if healthy . Historicly players who miss large portions of training camp dont start the season well . The good side here is that he may be fresh down the streach and IF the Texans still have play-off hopes can have his best days late in the season .

just my

Last edited by Corrosion; 10-11-2004 at 09:46 AM.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote