View Single Post
Old 10-10-2004   #9
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

The one I always question is common from a lot of coaches and a lot of teams. 3rd and short and they run a sweep. On 3rd down the potential for breaking a big run outside is outweighed by the defense looking for the run. I rarely see a first down in those situations. I'm a believer that on 3rd and 2 or less if you can't run it up the gut and get the 1st down...you don't deserve it. Or.....how about this for an idea....run a play action and pass to Miller or Bruener in the flats or right behind the Mike's that just committed to the play fake.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote