View Single Post
Old 04-30-2004   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I look for improvement and then a little cooling off from AJ this coming season. It seems to me that a lot of times recievers come into their rookie season with a case of nerves. AJ did drop a lot of balls last year that were apparently easy grabs and every year it seems like we see this from rookie recievers (and Corey Bradford). Going into 2004 I look for him to have settled down some and to start making more catches. Gaffney seemed to get a lot more reliable at the start of 2003 if you remember. At one point I was really getting pumped over how much better his hands seemed to be.

Then after he starts to get going something will happen. Maybe he'll get a little sure of himself or maybe he'll drop one for no apparent reason and his confidence will take a little hit. Maybe he'll start getting more attention from the defensive backs and things will get tougher all of a sudden. For whatever reason I expect him to cool off after about 6-7 weeks and then if he's as good as we all think he is (me too) he'll get his second wind and finish the season strong.

This of course leads into his third year where he's finally completely comfortable with what's going on and he starts banging cornerbacks like a drum on his way to the Pro Bowl.

That's how I think this is going to play out. I also think Gaffney's going to have a heck of a season this year. I'm counting on it.