Thread: Bcs
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2004   #7
TexansCanes
All Pro

Quote:
LSU and Oklahoma didn't win all the games on their schedule either (LSU lost at home to Florida...OU lost to KSU in the Big12 championship game). I thought LSU deserved their share last year (mainly because I got tired of listening to USC homers on internet message boards talk about how they deserved it more). But all 3 teams went into the final week with one loss.
thats what i mean by once you lose you leave your fate in the hands of the pollsters and the formula.

Quote:
They threw a tantrum about not getting invited to the BCS title game. They accepted their alternative (Rose Bowl) because it was the best available option as well as the best way to prove they should've been in the BCS title game. Some would say this strategy paid off in a big way because the AP writers gave their share of the MNC to the Trojans.
if they were so mad then they should have done something about it, not just throw and tantrum and print up t-shirts.

Quote:
But if anybody could point out another team that has turned down a BCS bowl invite when they weren't invited to the BCS Championship game I'd really like to see it.
i know no one has ever done this, it was used as an example, but if they did then i would have a lot of respect for them. also no college would deny a bcs bowl because of all the money they would lose.
TexansCanes is offline   Reply With Quote