Thread: Trade Deadline
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2004   #15
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Ragone's been bad pretty much every time he's taken the field. His infamous preseason series of consecutive fumbles (Pittsburgh, right?) was a particularly low moment. Still, he knows our system, and he's fine for a #3 QB for this season. No way he has enough upside or experience for anyone to trade for him.

I truly hope that he improves this year, or that the Texans find another journeyman to back up Carr next year. I have seen nothing from him to make me believe he's the guy you want to be next in line.

As for the Feeley comparison, the Dolphins overpaid for him in dumb desperation, but Vinny's right--they did it BECAUSE Feeley had performed quite well late in a season and kept the Eagles' playoff hopes alive. Ragone, like most rookie or 2nd-year QBs, has no such note on his resume. We may as well keep the guy for this year...
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote