Thread: 3rd and Goal
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004   #14
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I believe Capers said in his radio show that Carr had a package of plays and when he saw that it was only a 3 man rush, with 8 back (I think we all heard before the game that the Raiders either rushed 8 (all out blitz) or dropped 8), he was to audible to a run.
That's exactly what he said. Carr has a suite of plays that he can call in those situations. The Raiders were poised to drop at least 7 and possibly 8 into the endzone on that play so they thought they had the run. The pass should have been on 2nd not 3rd. I don't know about anyone else but the thought of Carr throwing the ball into the endzone from the 7 with twice as many defenders as receivers back there scares the hell out of me. I would have liked 7 but the 3 wasn't a total disaster at that point. It beat the hell out of an INT. The Texans ran 65 plays Sunday and if all we have to ***** about is 2 or 3, I'd say that Palmer did a pretty good job.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote