View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004   #5
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
I think the Vikes would be licking their chops if they thought the Texans were going to match a rookie DB up against Moss.

That is an obvious mismatch. I look at this as a real problem area. If the Texans aren't able to get a pass rush, Culpepper has time and well it'll be a problem.

They will double-team him and while I don't think he'll be shut out if they can contain him well that's all you can ask for. I think Capers is a good enough coach that's he's dealt with this before. After all Marvin Harrison is a pretty darn good receiver and they play them twice a year.

This is a team you don't want to play catch with though. They are capable of putting up big offensive numbers.
I think the Texans' secondary matches up fairly well against Minnesota. The Texans will generally try to matchup Glenn on the #2 WR, i think- when they are able to double Moss with Robinson and Coleman. The real problem will be when unique motion and packages create situations where Moss is singled or running through a zone of LBs and Safeties, or, when the play has broken down and Culpepper is scrambling around... I think the result of those plays, along with turnovers will determine whether we win this one or not.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote