Thread: 3rd and Goal
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy
I think this play was addressed by Capers as an audible by Carr. Maybe he saw something that made him think another run might work. I know that at the time I said a few ****no no's at the tv. However, I would usually go with runs inside the 10 yard line. With a compressed field to throw in, it is too easy to intercept or block a pass even to a tight end. That's why we need a 260 lb power back to punch for 2-3 yds on the goal line or with 3rd and short. Wells looked good over all but I still ain't convince he has the power needed.
That's also what I heard. Carr changed the call at the line. The Boo's were loud on that third run (yeah, I was adding to them) and it was a very frustrating three plays indeed. Later in the game you note he didn't just audible off to the run but called a timeout and then popped Andre with that sweet TD. Maybe it was just pure, blind, stupid luck but I'm hoping that was a very clear example of DC learning.