View Single Post
Old 10-04-2004   #13
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
but the 3 rushes by wells on the 10 yard line were absolutely horrible.. i dont know what he was trying to accomplish with that, hes just lucky that he didnt lose the game for us with that ****.
Did you notice the Carr check-off on 3rd and 7? None of us really know what Carr's options were when he came up to the line.

Actually it was 4 Wells rushes in a row from the 12. The first one was on a 2nd and 3 and he gained 5 yards and a first down. I guess that wasn't a bad play call because it worked?

Kind of like their second drive of the game when they started run-run. No one remembers the second running play (the 2nd and 7) because Wells ran for 14 yards and a first down.

Kind of like the final clock killing drive when they ran Wells 4 straight times (4, 3, 5, 5) to get from their own 1 yard line out to the 18. If any of those had failed, the play calling posse would have been screaming for Palmer's head. Why aren't we hearing about that "bad" play calling? Four runs in a row with the game on the line -- my god why didn't we run a screen or a bootleg or throw to the tight end? How could we be so super-ultra-conservative all the time?

Think it might have anything to do with execution?

Seems to me it's the play calling only when it doesn't work.

Last edited by aj.; 10-04-2004 at 01:20 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote