Thread: Billy Miller
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2004   #20
Bill's/TexanFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Not much of a stretch knowing for a fact that their interest ended when Houston took him--every team's interest ended at that point because he was off the board. Did the Bills hold a press conference and announce everyone they had an interest in and what round they thought they might have lasted to? I know for a fact the Texans' interest in Willis Mcgahee ended when the Bills took him in the 1st round. They felt he could linger to round 2. Uhh, sure....

There is no reason to believe that Casserly & Co. didn't think those guys would be good players. They had coached Joppru at the Senior Bowl and thought he would be better. So the correct question to pose to you is not how was Casserly to know that those guys would be players, but how was Casserly to know Joppru would have a freak injury that would keep him out this long?

As for your head shaking, after the Texans drafted Joppru in the 2nd are you seriously saying you thought they should have also drafted Witten in the 3rd?
It puts a huge smile on my face knowing that you find enjoyment sitting on and picking apart my every word. That's very good of you to do that and hopefully if you pay close enough attention.....you just may learn something along the way. Currently...I fear you are not really ready for primetime! If you carefully re-read what I said I made it very clear that Joppru's injury had nothing to do with how I rated him. I've only seen Bennie as a college player and based on what I saw there....I liked Jason Witten better. Witten looked really good at Tennessee and even though he left school early.....I would have selected him over Joppru. Will Bennie become a better pro than Jason? If he does then we will have a super TE.

Do the Bills hold a press conferences and announce everyone they had an interest in and what round they thought they might have lasted to? Did your mom raise you to be this way? Oh, I can't answer a question with another question...let me try again. No, not to my knowledge. But what they do is bring players in work them out....prior to the draft they will talk in general terms and they not say about saying things like....we are impressed.....he had a good work out....if he's around at a certain point he would be someone we would take a look at. After the draft they have and do say things like....we couldn't get into position to draft him....we knew he'd go early.....we tried to make a move up but it didn't work out.....or we had a third round grade on him. Perhaps if you did less you too could pick up on some of what they say. What they said about Joppru was that they liked him but he "went off the board real early." I have a link to the article but I'm sure you'd have something else "stupid" to say after reading it.
By the way....when I said linger I did not say in the 2nd round.....I said 3rd. If you want to quote me at least get it right!

(As for your head shaking, after the Texans drafted Joppru in the 2nd are you seriously saying you thought they should have also drafted Witten in the 3rd?)

Again.....re-read what I said and you will see that I never indicated that.