Thread: Billy Miller
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2004   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill's/TexanFan
My other team, Buffalo, I know for a fact had some interest in Bennie but that interest ended when the Texans jumped for him with the 9th selection in round two (2). The Bill's felt he could linger until round number three.
Not much of a stretch knowing for a fact that their interest ended when Houston took him--every team's interest ended at that point because he was off the board. Did the Bills hold a press conference and announce everyone they had an interest in and what round they thought they might have lasted to? I know for a fact the Texans' interest in Willis Mcgahee ended when the Bills took him in the 1st round. They felt he could linger to round 2. Uhh, sure....

Quote:
I should point out that TE's such as L.J. Smith of the Eagles and Jason Witten of the Cowboy's were still on the board when Joppru was taken. Of course I'm leaving the door open for Texan "bu++ki$$er's" to rush in and say...."How was Casserly to know that those guys would be players?"
(But, in case they do....it's his job!)
There is no reason to believe that Casserly & Co. didn't think those guys would be good players. They had coached Joppru at the Senior Bowl and thought he would be better. So the correct question to pose to you is not how was Casserly to know that those guys would be players, but how was Casserly to know Joppru would have a freak injury that would keep him out this long?

As for your head shaking, after the Texans drafted Joppru in the 2nd are you seriously saying you thought they should have also drafted Witten in the 3rd?