View Single Post
Old 09-28-2004   #21
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
Well, right now Carr is on pace for about 4,000 yards passing. Barring injury he will easily get 3,000 yards. As far as TD-INT ratio, I think that will change the further we get into the season.
Yeah stats can lie but now two are on my list for most accurate stats, turnover ratio and giving up sacks (credit to Lucky for digging this up):

Quote:
NFL Starting QBs sacked on average of 2X or less/game - 61 TDs 32 INTs

NFL Starting QBs sacked on average of over 2X/game - 43 TDs 41 INTs

NFL Starting QBs sacked on average of over 3X/game - 10 TDs 15 INTs

On average, David Carr is sacked 3.33 times a game. Now that's horrible.
The Texans need to do two things--(1) develop a better OL through gelling or schemes this season plus off-season additions for next year and (2) reacting to the progress of number one--develop offensive schemes to go with the progress of the OL, i.e. don't react to fan pressure to throw the bomb all the time, instead go to quick passing schemes like the Patriots run.