Thread: Air Texans
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2004   #8
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
As an example of this kind of game plan, it seems to me that the Patriots have schemed around the fact that they do not have the Chiefs, Colts or GB OL by having Brady throw a ton of passes between 10-20 yds down field. The Patriots have had no RB anyone was scared of the last few years and they do not have one of the best OL's around, but they have had a very effective passing game especially with 3, 4 and 5 WR sets and lots of intermediate length, chain moving receptions.
Good example. Part of their success, though, is Brady's incredible accuracy and virtually mistake-free ball. We don't get that kind of game from our QB yet, and aside from the picks, Carr also seems to get a remarkable number of balls swatted at the line or within 5 yards of it. I cringe more when he throws short routes than when he lobs it deep, because I'm waiting for the next jump-ball scenario in which a Texans WR will have to fight for a batted pass.

It's interesting to see that even though the Pats won it all with that offensive game plan, they still added Corey Dillon and proved in Week 2 that they can win ugly on the ground now too. Impressive!
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote