View Single Post
Old 09-28-2004   #11
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

Quote:
Robaire Smith has played pretty well for a DE in our scheme. I haven't noticed the a significant drop in his preformance over the course of a game, or at least any more of a drop that one can expect from a 300lb D-lineman.
i could agree with that, its fair to say he's been the most consistent of the front three. one thing i know from experience in the trenches (ill expound on this later) is that the best d-lines feed off of each other. if smith is the only one making push late in games, his effectiveness has got to be dampened by walker and payne's un-enthusiastic play. walker has looked better in each game, and i at least heard his name once or twice (ex: kailee wongs sack at the end of the 1st half was because of g-funk's pressure). i think once payne is anywhere close to last years form, the d-line's play as a whole will match it's potential on paper.

Quote:
a former big ugly like Ogre (quality poster here on the boards) might have some better observations
i too am a former big ugly. i was a converted DE from LB after i put on about 20 lbs before my senoir year. went from 225 to 245, so a little speed was lost. still ran a 4.9 though . those were the days.....anywho, off to class..