View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004   #21
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I can totally agree with that SES. The Texans one truly great accomplishment from Sunday was that they just kept hanging in there. They weren't having a good day on offense, they weren't having a good day on defense. Their Special Teams weren't as bad as they had been in Detroit but they weren't anything "special" either. The Texans just kept plugging away and refused to let the Chiefs pull away from them. In the second half I think the Chiefs started feeling the pressure of just not being able to ditch these guys and get a good lead built up. They were supposed to win this one so all of the real pressure was on them. I feel like the Texans came out pretty tight and were putting a lot of pressure on themselves after the first two games and all the mistakes. By hanging in there they overcame it.

THAT I'm completely proud of. THAT is the team that kept coming back for more in 2002 and 2003. They showed up two games later than usual but at least they came to the dance right?