View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Before the season I had San Diego and Detroit down as the Texans first back to back wins and then gave the Texans an outside chance against K.C. for three in a row. In fact I was pretty sure of it and you see how close I was. The NFL is so unpredictable that it's silly to do it (but yeah, I still do).

I think, in retrospect that the Texans did not play with the necessary focus and intensity against San Diego and that they got a wake up call then. They didn't hear it clearly enough and failed to improve by much at Detroit but two games like that did the trick. They still made many mistakes at K.C. but they didn't quit trying and pulled out a win. I wonder if they'd won two in a row to start the season if that determination would have been there to win against the Chiefs. We'll never know.

Now I wonder whether they'll beat the Raiders. 2-2 would be a very nice ending to the first quarter of the season after the way we've started. Maybe it'll happen.