View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank You Vinny.

Done88 I'm not bashing the Texans. I'm saying that they:

a) Have not played well in the three games we've seen to date. Is there anyone here who cares to debate this?

b) Were in fact beaten by the team that was universally proclaimed to be the worst team in the league prior to the start of the 2004 season. Again, would anyone like to discuss whether or not this actually happened with an eye towards taking the "no it did not happen" side? I'm pretty sure I saw the Chargers beat the Texans in week 1.

c) Did not charge out to a 3-0 start by defeating all of their opponents by a 20+ point margin. Doing something like this would put them in the running for "Best team in the league" right now. As it stands they (along with a lot of other teams) are under .500 and so they are at the very least a candidate for the worst team in the league title.

Now item "c" completely misses the point which is that after 3 games it's pretty hard to decide that one team is the "Worst team in the league". You haven't played enough football yet for someone to have THE very worst record in football or be statistically all that far behind. The Jaguars might be the worst scoring offense in football but they're 3-0 right now so only scoring 35 points in their first 3 games doesn't tell you much about them.