View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

You beat me to this thread so I was a good boy and made sure I didn't create another one about the same topic. Here is what I will share. I think Babin was a great pick for us. I believe we will look back on the Babin pick one day and really feel like we got a good one for many years to come with him. However, for right now I believe it would not be a mistake to give Peek more of a looksy. Alot of us say that Peek can't contain the run. Well we haven't been able to with Babin in there either. Babin is a rookie and will play like one alot more than he will not during the season. I noticed after Peek came in, Tony Gonzalez was not able to get off the line as easily either. They even showed a replay of Babin barely making any contact with TG off the line and they also showed him getting juked by Gonzalez which is something I don't think happens to Peek in that situation. At one time, Babin blew a coverage right before Green threw his second TD and in the replay Glenn looked pretty upset at Babin. I am not saying that Babin can't make plays, he has proven that he can already. I am saying, that Peek's technique may be a little more sound at this time and while we are trying to get back to .500 we need to ride the hot horse at this time. Peek is it. The defense's mentality looked like it changed when Peek came in though.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote