Props to the Texans for the win, but...
First off props to the Texans for the win. KC is a tough place to win and they were anxious to get a win to save the season. Marcus Coleman's INT-TD was HUGE. It was the difference between them going up 21-6 and asserting control to a tie ballgame at 14-14. I give the coaching staff credit for FINALLY starting to use the wonderful talent we have in AJ by throwing the ball to him deep. He is a playmaker and needs to be involved in the offense. He is a homerun threat whom we need to try to get the ball to. Props to Kris Brown for being clutch. The D despite the lack of a pass rush (except for the end of the game) played pretty well IMO considering the offense we were going up against.
However, to really turn around this team we need to do the following:
1. Carr needs to wake the **** up during the 1st half of games. He was 0-5 with INT at one point and looked awful. This is the 2nd week in a row he has done this. Actually, the opening drive I was happy with his decisions and with the playcalling with the bootlegs and him using his legs to get 1st downs. However that INT was atrocious. He did not have a fierce pass rush before he threw it and he AGAIN threw it off his back foot. It cost us 3 sure points and possibly a TD. We need the coaching staff to get him to break this bad habit. Props to him at the end for making big plays and shaking off a bad 1st half.
2. The O-line sucked the entire game and needs to improve. We need to spend our free agent dollars and best draft picks on shoring up both O and D lines. KC's crappy defense stuffed our running attack for most of the game and they were in our backfield all game when Carr was passing. That contributes to Carr having happy feet and throwing off his back foot which leads to INTs. The O-line coach, Marciano, needs to be replaced. We have got better players than our 1st 2 years however, the line play has not improved enough to be where it should be. Wand is getting killed out there and this experiment needs to end.
3. Wong sucks put Peek in. Peek is one of our few pure pass rashers. His run and pass coverage sucks but we need someone to get to the QB. Currently we have no one to do it. The Wong to OLB experiment is in its 3rd year and it has failed. He does not get to the QB and needs to move back to the middle or get cut next year for a cheaper player.
4. Conservative play calling is killling this team. When we were in scoring position before we got the first FG we ran 2 straight running plays when we were getting nothing on the ground leaving us 3rd and long and an incompletion. I really was about to pull my hair out as it seemed we were just wanting to keep the game close at that point. Damn it start opening up the playbook. Both our Offense and Defense need to put the opposition on the back of their heels. We don't do that since we are not aggressive. We are TEXANS damn it come on.
5. Penalties. It was better this week, yet we need to cut down on this. This team is still undisciplined at times.
WE NEED TO BEAT OAKLAND. We need to get this consecutive win thing monkey off our back. We will be right in the thick of things with a 2-2 record.