Thread: Honeymoon over?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2004   #23
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't speak for every fan, but what I expect is this team to be prepared and play hard every game, every down. This team won some games by playing over their heads in the first 2 years. This year in the 2 plus games I have seen they have been outplayed and outcoached. They make a lot of mistakes in key situations, from the wrong players on the field, penalties that cost field position, running the wrong routes, poor defensive schemes, etc..

This team was an expansion team 3 years ago, but it isn't like they fielded a team full of players that had never played the game. They had a lot of veterans, especially on defense. I think this year the team from the ball boys to the GM has to show more than moral victories.

This team is going to be special. I don't expect them to be a playoff team until next season, but they shouldn't make the mistakes they continue to make. Capers set a tough precedent in Carolina when they went to the conference championship game in their second season. If you look at their schedule, though, they won 8 of their 12 against teams with 6 wins or less.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote