Thread: 20/20 Hindsight
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2004   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Here is a Link to the Texans' expansion draft choices.

Now, giving fair credit to the information available at the time, what choices would you have made differently?
I don't think I would have done anything differently. I guess you could make a case for McGinest or Ted Johnson. Both have been productive in the past 2 seasons and had 34 defense experience. But at the time of the draft, most felt they were on the downside. Maybe Ryan Tucker? He might be able to start at LG. How many sacks in '02 could he have prevented? 5 or 6? But, I think the guy had some character issue and maybe that played a role in not getting picked.

As far as Boselli is concerned, I still believe that the Texans thought he had a legit chance to make a comeback. I think Tony did, as well. Getting a bonafide LT would have been a real coup, and like I asked the late (great?) heterodoxy on HPF, who else would the Texans have spent the money on?

And don't forget that the Texans also picked up Jerry DeLoach & Jay Foreman in the expansion draft. Sort of. Casserly made a deal with the Skins to take Danny Awful from he Bears and traded him to Washington for DeLoach. Then he did the same thing with Charlie Rogers (not that Charlie Rogers) and turned him into Foreman. All in all, this had to be the best expansion draft a team has ever had.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote