View Single Post
Old 05-13-2004   #32
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Maybe you didn't say that Carr hadn't earned his money to date. But to me, your using the phrase "start earning it" implied that Carr hadn't done so thus far..
Yeah, I can see where that might have been confusing. Sorry I wasn't clearer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Sure, Carr needs to earn his money in the future via his performance and the teams success. So to some extent do the rest of the top salary guys like Glenn, Walker, Robaire, AJ, etc...
Glenn and Walker are Pro Bowlers. They still need to perform to justify their salaries but they have earned star status...something that Carr still needs to work on.

Agree that Robaire (and Wade) both need to perform at a very high level for a few years to get satisfactory return on investment.

AJ's contract is really quite manageable throughout its term... no major jumps in base or backloading. He has one voidable year in '09.

The top five Texans cap numbers this year are:

Sharper, Jamie $6,125,000
Glenn, Aaron $5,150,000
Coleman, Marcus $4,305,750
Payne, Seth $4,175,000
Wong, Kailee $3,800,000
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote