Thread: Honeymoon over?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2004   #11
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I will watch the Texans every week regardless of their record. Did the same with the Oilers and you all now their were some lean years for them. I moved to Corpus Christi in 1977 and I still drive up to Houston for games. I just went to a couple of Astros games. I don't like when some fans get on here and question whether other people are still fans because they said something negative about the team or the coach. Folks if we stunk up the place the first 2 games then tell it like it is. Don't clap your hands and comb your hair over like Pardee did when the Oilers lost to Buffalo. Tell it like it is. We are fans and we're passionate about the Texans. It doesn't mean we are suddenly going to stop watching the Texans and become Cowboy fans. It means we just lost to the Chargers and the Lions and we don't like it.

I have to disagree with Vinny about this board not being reflective of the vast majority of Texan fans. All the fans I know here in Corpus Christi weren't real happy with those 2 losses and the way we lost them. No one is claiming the expansion team excuse any more. Most fans expected wins in those first 2 games as part of an 8-8 or 7-9 prediction for the year which is reasonable. If we go 5-11 or less I for one will not be excited about our 5 year plan. I would think that it needs to be looked at and corrected. If the Texans don't show improvement in the win/loss column this year then players with contracts up are going to start leaving and free agents will be harder to attract here. It is critical this year that we show improvement.

Last edited by bckey; 09-26-2004 at 07:45 AM.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote