Thread: Honeymoon over?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2004   #5
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

It doesn't matter if we were 13-1, if we lost the next game, to go 13-2, there would be people wanting heads to roll. I guess that's just the nature of message boards.

I will support this team for as long as it exists. Or maybe I should say....as long as it stays in Houston.

Last year's Titans game at Reliant was the first time I really got mad about a loss. As fans of a 3rd year expansion team, I think it's right around that time to start shaking the expansion tag. I think it's about that time that the game on the field starts to carry a little more importance.

The first 2 years have been a great experience. The excitement, the atmosphere, the tailgating, the best stadium in football. Now it's time to be an NFL team, not an expansion team. For me, the games, the play calling, coaching decisions and all of that, I will focus on a little more. And even more next year.

It's time to play football now. It's time to develop passions, time to bleed battle red, survive the tough times and celebrate the good. This team WILL win!

But as far as people coming to a message board wanting the head coach, or off. coordinator, or QB fired every time the team loses, well, that's going to happen. Every team, every sport, every message board.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote