View Single Post
Old 09-25-2004   #9
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I can't say that I have noticed any wider spaces in the OLine during pass protection, but I also haven't devoted a great deal of time analyzing them either. From what I have seen, however, it looks as though most of the pressure on Carr is coming from the inside and not from the outside from the DE's. I think the pressure up the middle on Carr could be a contributing factor in the number of dump off passes to DD. Think about it. You can't make your reads downfield if you've got a DT in your face, and you can't wait for the longer patterns to develop. I think its too early to tell if this is a problem, and I wouldn't call anything 'unfixable' this early on in the season. I understand the level of concern, but you'd probably be best to wait till midseason to get a more accurate assessment of the O-Line's performance.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote