View Single Post
Old 09-25-2004   #24
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure right now Ibar. I have looked at the game and I am still not sure about the line splits and if it has any net effect on the passing game (although if I had to wager money on it I would lean that way). I remember reading or hearing something about how the splits are a bit larger then they were last year due to the new techniques that are being taught. The larger, slower linemen are the guys who would have more trouble with this. Especially a guy like Washington (he gave up one of the sacks when he came in for the injured Weigert). I even asked John McClain via 610 and I don't think he knows or just didn't answer me. Keep in mind most of our line problems are inside instead of outside. Teams with outstanding Tackles tend to give us more trouble than teams with outstanding edge rushers. Not only is our blocking scheme a new scheme but our entire left side are first time starters at their positions. Personally I don't think Carr has the best instincts in the pocket but I also think that our line has not worked well as a unit at times, but I think with better protection Carr will be able to find the more complex and longer developing routes as the season progresses. It just may take till the bye week to get enough of the mistakes on film and get the guys comfortable with the remedies.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote