View Single Post
Old 05-13-2004   #42
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4103 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Again, if one of the young newbees shines, I think he's on the cusp. Gaffney has done better, but I don't think he's a certainty.
For him to be released, he would have to be knocked out by two of the "newbees". In other words if he is now the 2nd or 3rd receiver, it would have to look something like this without him:

AJ
Gaffney
Armstrong
Sloan Thomas
Jermaine Lewis

You take the bottom two off that list and replace them with any of the "newbees" if you like. My point is this; Armstrong and any of the two rookies of your choice will not force Bradford out of a job this year. I think he will still be the same Corey Bradford, but he will be here at least one more year. After that, I think we look to upgrade his position, possibly within.

You can bet that Gaff is a certainty. He's in his third year, (about the time it takes a receiver to get accustomed to the league) has excellent hands, runs good routes, and he was about the 4th option in a very limited offense. Look for increased production from him this year.