View Single Post
Old 09-24-2004   #11
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
I can name at least 3 things that are worse than Carr's interceptions: DDs FUMBLES (75% of the problem), no pass rush, and not enough protection. You could possible throw in that kickoff return and a rookie corner also, before harping on Carr's picks, but some have already given up on him. We can't fire and trade everybody.
You nailed it.

I just watched the highlights of the Chiefs/Panthers game again. To a degree the Chiefs looked bad because they were being pressured more than Houston's defense will do to them. I can't foresee the Texans pass rush (is there such a thing right now?) bringing it like Carolina did--not even close. Trent Green WILL have a better day than he did last week (1 pick and 1 fumble, 3 sacks, 50% completions).

Does CARR need to have a better game than last week? If DD's still the Crisco Kid and lets the ball squirt into KC's waiting arms, then it may not matter. STATISTICALLY, he's fine, but he needs to spread the ball more evenly among his WRs/TEs and not constantly resort to DD. And unless he gets the time to throw the ball, I'm sure he'll go back to the RB checkdown 8-10 times again.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote