View Single Post
Old 05-13-2004   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
What are we talking about here, really? One or two plays a game where the Texans might have been better served taking a shot downfield rather than another draw?
1st Lucky, I agree we run slightly more than NFL average and my post was to point out to folks, that it wasn't the run, run, pass, i.e. 2/3rds running that many people perceive and complain about during the season.

The real purpose of starting this thread was, to see how little spread there is across the league in some areas. For instance league average passing percentage was 58.5% and Carr's was 56.5%--between 2002 and 2003 he improved his percentage by 4.1%. A similar jump would vault him to 6th-7th range and just half would put our passing game around league average. Like you say, 1 to 3 plays per game can make a tremendous difference over the course of a season--1-3 1st downs is 3-9 more plays, several minutes off the clock and hundreds of more yards of offense.