View Single Post
Old 09-24-2004   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74306 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Speaking of Carr's completion percentage:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
That will happen when you have 11 check downs a game...
Some of us are giving Carr's recent performances a little too much credit, while others are going way overboard the other way. I don't think he's really proven anything yet (this year compared to last), but he shows signs that he might if he were more well protected. I can't believe that Carr is ever going to the line looking for a dump off to DD. That's just not what QB's want, but he's apparently being pressured into it. Every time Carr dumps to DD, there's another pass play that was a chance at hitting the deeper wide-outs. I think some people actually don't realize that. The staff isn't calling for Carr to dump to DD. It's just who he has time to hit (or thinks he does). 5 sacks and I don't know how many pressures is not gonna work.

I would not say that Carr's interceptions so far are a problem. He's getting pressured and some are excusable anyway. Besides, interceptions are going to happen and some of them are almost equal to a punt (if it's a long one on 3rd down). DDs fumbles are much much worse. I can name at least 3 things that are worse than Carr's interceptions: DDs FUMBLES (75% of the problem), no pass rush, and not enough protection. You could possible throw in that kickoff return and a rookie corner also, before harping on Carr's picks, but some have already given up on him. We can't fire and trade everybody.

Having said that, he is NOT the best QB in the NFL, YET. There are 2 of them in our own division that are better at the present time.

Last edited by HJam72; 09-24-2004 at 12:23 AM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote