Thread: Texans 0-3
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2004   #26
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
I didn't get to watch yesterday's game, but I watched last weeks game. I saw the highlights from last nights game on the news and heard Carr was sacked five times. I have been thinking about the last two weeks all day, and something is not right. For Carr to be hurried and sacked like he has against the CHARGERS and LIONS, something is wrong. And on the defensive side of the ball with the players we have, we should me making some stops and getting to the QB more. We should be 2-0 right now. I am starting to believe that the coaching is the problem. I am not saying our record is 100% fault of the coaches, but I am starting to think they are a big factor for our 0-2 record.

My thoughts: Wiegert went out early due to injury. Wand looked liked he was trying to push his guy out wide rather than pancake his butt. Seth is 6'7" 315+ and needs to quit being timid. Last 2 years Pitts got into his opponent most plays even though he's 4 inches shorter. I think the OLine is still becoming a cohesive unit. In turn that will make QB & RB more productive. What I do not recall seeing is Carr running to right behind Todd Wade & throwing back across to Johnson.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote