View Single Post
Old 09-23-2004   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by compy75
Can we get our facts straight folks EVER?

2 of DD's resulted in TDs
2 of DC's resulted in TDs

For the record none of the resulting TDs were gimmes. Here is the rundown of the yards needed to score off each of the ensuing TDs.

Carr INT v. Det 63 yards to the score
DD FUMBLE v. Det 79 yards to the score
DD Fumble v. SD 45 to score
Carr INT v. SD 49 to score

So we're talking about short fields on 2 but not ridiculously short fields or gimme TDs. I wish our D would get some onus put on them instead of getting a free pass. Reality is turnovers included the Lions scored their points pretty legitimately.
Sorry I was off by one INT not resulting in a TD. Even if the TDs were not gimmes, by the yards you mentioned this means we were either in or close to scoring range. My point is that it wiped away our scoring opportunities and not only Davis has goofed in this situation.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote