View Single Post
Old 04-30-2004   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
I lost total and complete respect for Eli Manning after the whole Draft debacle. Someone who thinks they are above the draft just really gets under my skin. I mean he isnt even the best QB in the draft and he thinks he can tell people where he wants to go? I wish he would have stayed with San Diego just so we could get first dibs on him opening day. (< I really like that lol)

EDIT: Is Carr really the Madden 2005 cover? Good God I hope not, BEWARE THE CURSE!
You know, I don't have a problem with someone who tells people where he wants to go. I see that as being fine. Say for arguments sake that you had the biggest baddest running back to ever touch a football and he was dead set on playing in Houston where his idol "THE Earl" played.

Now if he wanted to go and say "Hey guys, I'm playing for Houston or I'm not playing because that's what I want to do and it's up to me whether I play pro ball at all so what I say goes here" then I would have no problem with that. What I would expect though is for someone that serious about it to follow through. If the Chargers picked him right out of the gate then I would expect him to not go strolling up there to take a cap and jersey. I'd expect him to be absolutely willing to start pursuing an alternate career if things didn't go his way.

The way it was done with Manning you just knew that this was all part of the negotiation process and the show. It was all about leverage and getting his way but there was no way in the world he was going to pass on the bank.

I chose Eli Manning as the guy I would not have drafted for one reason. Expectations. Every one of them could very well bust (or be the greatest thing since sliced bread, we'll just have to wait and see) but he's the guy with the monster name and all the expectations that come with being the brother of Peyton Manning. I don't think being Archie Manning's son means much at this point, it's his brother that he's going to be measured against.

If he does end up taking the Giants to a couple of Super Bowls though then I guess Peyton is going to end up being considered the older, lesser Manning.