View Single Post
Old 09-22-2004   #66
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 131624 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Vinny, I believe we have far better and more receivers than running backs. David can throw the ball if he has protection. I know you don't agree, but I believe that is the case. I also believe DD has been effective because of the fear of the pass. He is a better runner when we are successful with the pass. Again there are two offensive philosophies. One is the run establishes the pass and the other is the pass establishes the run. I believe our team fits the latter mode of operation, but we have not been as successful because of our O-line. This should have been a good year for us, but it has turned sour. I believe the changing of the blocking scheme to emphasize the run is the major reason why. AGAIN I'M NOT ADVOCATING NOT RUNNING. Its the primary emphasis on setting up to run and all its implications for the passing game that I'm complaining about.

Bye the way I appreciated your earlier comment that you would look closely at the game replays. I hope you do and I hope you see what I'm saying. I think its more of a problem than people realize.
I think your comment about line splits was one of your most astute comments you have ever offered up and show me you understand this stuff better than I thought you did. Good show.

I come with hard opinion but it's just me talking football with friends. Some of you guys blame the coaching. Some blame the line problems. Some guys blame Carr more for our lack of scoring. In reality none of us are probably right 100% but we all see different things and getting together on a message board and sharing our thoughts helps us understand the game better since two heads are generally better than one.

As to our ongoing debates, I told Infantrycak in a PM yesterday that I really kind of enjoy being in the minority view and a devil's advocate on message boards. You guys who disagree with me help me evolve my thinking if and when you can break down my posture on a subject. It's all good. We all learn from each other and multiple points of view drive great threads.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote