View Single Post
Old 09-22-2004   #24
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

On SportsCenter there was a nice piece in "Inside the Huddle" about the fumbling problems that Deshaun Foster of the Carolina Panthers had during the preseason, and what he's done to correct it. I bring it up because the problem that Foster had was very similar to the one that DD has. It's not so much holding onto the ball with two hands in traffic (although that too would help), but he'd (Foster) would let the ball stray from his body while trying to make extra yards. It wasn't as if he held the ball out intentionally, but would let it slip a few inches further out than he usually would. What he did to correct the problem was focus on cradling the ball close to his body as he's supposed to do while trying for those extra yards. I'm wondering if that is what DD has seen in his tapes, and is trying to correct it as Foster did. I just hope he'll be able to correct it by the KC game.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote