View Single Post
Old 09-21-2004   #35
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonLionsFan
You're assuming that they would have scored TD's and Detroit wouldn't have got the ball back and scored anyway. You can't do that.

FYI- Texans are my second team behind the Lions. Some of you have only talked about mistakes, but many, as in the people I was posting to, act as if the Texans SHOULD have won. I guessed you missed the point.
You need to go back and read items 2 and 3 again. I am assuming nothing. I said that when you turn the ball over you not only are giving the other team an opportunity to score but you are also taking away one of yours. I never said you would score without a doubt. I also said that you are handing the other team momentum. A turnover can completely alter the flow of the game. Multiple turnovers can turn a game into a route. One look at the Texans players heads hanging after the second DD fumble told me everything I needed to know about the outcome of that game. They weren't coming back. They'd have been lucky to successfully come back to Houston after that second drop. Momentum and emotion. They go away when you turn the ball over repeatedly.

If the Texans are your second team then you must have been witness to or at least heard of the Pittsburgh game in 2002? The one where the Texans were beaten badly in every possible statistical catagory but the Steelers continued to make mistakes and turned the ball over again and again?

The Steelers moved the ball well all day long but had drives repeatedly turned into Texans points through interceptions. Now certainly that is an extreme example but it remains valid. As the game progressed the Texans, despite being absolutely pitiful everytime the offense walked onto the field seemed to take control of the game. The Steelers grew less effective and were clearly pressing.