View Single Post
Old 09-21-2004   #22
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

We're losing because of fumbles. No fumbles and we're 2-0 right now, talking about how we think we're gonna stomp all over poor KC. The play calling is too predictable, but, when you think about it, it's working. We are winning these games in every category, except turnovers and final score.

I did watch the game, but I was surprised too find out that we actually had 5 sacks against us. Carr was under way more pressure than I thought and that explains a lot about why he keeps dumping off to DD. They're not protecting Carr and that's why the coaches only want to pass when they have to--3rd and long (long is a relative term).

I don't think we we should judge Carr or the coaches when DD keeps dropping the ball and Carr is getting sacked 5 times in a game. It's amazing we scored as much as we did. Throw in a kickoff return against us and we really had it rough.

David Carr is not nearly as good as he will be, but he's getting there and I can't see any major flaws. Someone said that he is Capers baby (or something similar) and he is probably deserving of that. We're not talking about that QB that Dallas finally let go this preseason or the one that Pittsburgh's Cowher used to love so much. Carr has real talent and a brain in his head to go with it. I see him as a bonafide future star in this league and he's made fewer rookie mistakes than I would have actually expected.

Last edited by HJam72; 09-21-2004 at 07:09 PM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote